The KERALA STATE POULTRY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LTD. was registered in 1989 as a fully owned Govt. of Kerala undertaking, primarily to provide increased momentum and thrust to propel the poultry industry of the state.
The Corporation has been providing impetus for the promotion and development of Poultry Sector in the State of Kerala. Modernizing the poultry in Kerala is the major thrust of the corporate strategy of Kerala State Poultry Development Corporation Ltd. Poultry is emerging as the fastest growing sub sector of agriculture contributing sizeable out put to the State economy.
- To produce quality layer and broiler chicks required for the state.
- Intervene in retail broiler market and provide quality meat (scientifically processed) to public/consumers at affordable price.
- To give technical assistance/consultancy to farmers engaged in poultry rearing.
- Enriching small farmer, Landless, labor families and families below poverty line through a more holistic and self-reliant approach not only in term of improvement of income, employment and nutritional status but also in terms of fostering community development, gender empowerment and protection of environment is envisaged on the larger canvass of “rural development” using poultry as a tool.
- To ensure food security (self-sufficiency) in Kerala by augmenting egg and meat production.
- To prevent drainage from state economy and to make it more vibrant.
- To creates employment opportunities through poultry rearing.
- Supply of safe and quality meat protects the health of the public.